When exams are around the corner, the alarm bells start ringing. The notes that we prepare during classroom lectures are one of the most important elements in the preparation of exams. Be it the class notes, textbook notes or digital notes; a well-organized and fairly well written notes play a crucial role. Time suddenly becomes a rare commodity, so reducing mass amount of information and summarizing key points helps us to understand and focus better. Every individual is different, and so are the understanding capabilities. Hence, understanding one’s own brain is the key to achieve the dream grades.
Proper preparation prevents poor performance. It’s a life lesson, a lesson that every successful individual has embraced .The key to achieving that top grade you have always wanted is to have a good plan. Good notes are easily understandable, revisable, time saving, highlight key points of refreshers and study guides, and contain collective information of textbooks and lecture. It is a skill that has to be developed by all students.
Let’s figure out some art of note making:
• Know your syllabus well rather than having a vague idea. One needs to know what all topics you need to be covered for the exam. Read your textbooks well so that you have a general idea of the topics and sub-topics.
• Organization of the content can be carried out in conjunction with the first step. Segregate your notes in topics, sub-topics, and sub-sub topics. Make flow charts to have a better picture of the content.
• Before you start summarizing, start by adding to the margin, clarification to the content. Use margins of your notebook to note some main points and keywords in the text. The advantage of this method is that it is more visual and allow for the imposition of structure.
• Refer to the Free NCERT textbook solutions that are available online along with your notes for a more comprehensive learning.
• The most important characteristics of notes that students must bear in mind arethoroughness and accuracy. This means writing any information in their notes that they don’t really understand should be avoided. Make sure every piece of information in the notes is correct.
• Making awesome study notes will reduce student’s stress also eliminate confusion and anxiety over what to do next or how to study. It will make student feel as though they are actually accomplishing what they need to accomplish.
Awesome study notes makes learning process a breeze rather than a storm.
Making Good Study Notes: Free NCERT Textbook Solutions was last modified: August 11th, 2016 by