A good environment is a highly individualised matter.The Board exam is just on the edge and every student working hard to do well in the exam. But just collecting previous year solution of board papers and cbse history question paper class 12 is not sufficient. One should never forget, for a good preparation you need a comfortable zone where you can focus on your study.
The special place that you have designated for study should be uncluttered and must provide nil distraction to allow maximum concentration. Also instead of sticking to one location, simply alternating the room where a person study improves retention. What’s right for you may not be right for a friend or roommate. Picking the right environment means picking a place where you feel "in the zone" and free of distractions. Some people like to study with some background noise, while others need to study in absolute silence. Before you pick the perfect place to study, run a reconnaissance mission to find the right place. A good attitude can get you through a multitude of challenges in life.
Here are some tips that might helpful in choosing good study place:
- Choose a spot where you have natural light, rather than artificial light. If you must have artificial light, choose incandescent over fluorescent light, which can cause you to strain your eyes.
- For the place to work for a student, the student must know if they have the characteristic to study in their room. It is essential that the student is very organised and not let themselves be distracted by the more fun things they have around, such as computer games, email, friends and roommates, parties, etc.
- Music can be a great way to get into what you are doing! There is great rhythmic potential out there that is perfectly aligned with your mind’s resonance frequency. Music like yoga tunes, Native American music and instrumental soundtrack helps a lot in studying.
- Quiet environment, such as the library or a classroom, can work for the student who is easily distracted and needs the minimum of sound and visual stimulation. And while some students may complain that the library is boring some student need just that boring kind of place to read.
- Trying to create an environment that fosters good emotions and confidence. Have pictures of happy family times around. Put up quotations that inspire you. These entire positive messages will boost your emotional strength and energy.
Some people work better in the morning. Others work better at night. Work out which time suits you and plan to study then. Do not read much later than your usual bedtime as pushing yourself late at night can make you too tired to study properly for the next day.
The key to effective studying isn’t cramming or studying longer, but studying smarter.