When it’s almost that time the board examination finishes, a competitive examination which is a gateway to almost every good institution in the country awaits you. It is an examination, where the students or candidates are ranked as per their grades scored in the entrance examination of the respective institutions. If the examination is open for n positions, then the initial n candidates in ranks pass, the others remain rejected. In a competitive examination, there is no biasing, no option of favouring a particular candidate. It is considered one of the best ways to choose the worthy candidate.
Sometimes, it is worthwhile to note that preparing for such exams can turn out to be daunting. But, if the right strategies are employed to prepare for the exam, the process is much easier and manageable. When we say the right strategies, we mean the smart strategies. The endless requirements for proficiency in every field have led to rough and tough competitions amongst the students.
We give you some tips on preparing for the competitive examinations holistically.
- Get to know the syllabus and pattern: For the young generation, the advancement in the field of science and technology has provided a plethora of opportunities. If you are a person who is aspiring to be a doctor or engineer, JEE and AIPMT/NEET exams will be attempted. Browse through the internet and check for neet paper 2016 previous year to figure out the pattern of the examinations and make a blueprint of the syllabus. Knowing the syllabus of the examination that you are appearing for is the first key to making the process easier for you. Or else, it would create unnecessary chaos.
- List of books and sites: Make a list of the books or study material you would be requiring for the exam, once you have analysed the syllabus of the examination. Never forget to keep your pile of CBSE or any other academic textbook in stock while preparing for the entrance examinations. In JEE exams, the majority of the questions is asked from Class 11 and Class 12 Physics and Maths. If any difficulty is found in understanding the concepts or solutions to the question, various books and online sites can be referred to for CBSE Class 11 Physics textbook solutions.
- Prepare notes: The notes that you have prepared always comes in handy while doing a revision. Never feel lazy to make notes while studying and solving questions. Highlight the keywords using highlighters and make cheat sheets and stick notes to important topics and formulae.
- Timetable: A daily timetable should be prepared which includes your study time and recreational activities in it. Spread it out evenly focusing each subject in hand. Make it such that you won’t get bored studying the same subject for a long time.
- Practice: Practice makes a man perfect in every field. Practice previous year exam question papers setting a time limit for each section. Also, focus on the quantitative aptitude, reasoning and general awareness section apart from your relevant subject section.