Primary cell wall
Secondary cell wall
1. It is found in young dividing cells.
2. It lies internal to the middle lamella.
3. It is present in all plant cells.
4. It is elastic and capable of expansion in a growing cell.
5. It is thin.
6. It is composed of mainly cellulose and lacks additional material.
1. It is found in a mature and non dividing cell.
2. It lies internal to the primary wall.
3. It is present in certain cells only.
4. It is rigid and incapable of expansion.
5. It is thick.
6. It has additional materials like hemi-cellulose lignin, suberin etc.