1. They are 2-10nm in length.
2. They are hair-like.
3. Their number per cell is relatively large.
4. They usually cover the entire exposed surface of the cell.
5. They beat in co-ordinated manner.
6. They exhibit sweeping or rowing motion.
7. The ciliary locomotion is fast.
1. They reach a length upto 150nm.
2. They are whip like.
3. Their number per cell is relatively small, usually 1-4.
4. They are present at one end only.
5. They beat independently.
6. They show undulating motion.
7. The flagellar locomotion is slow.