1. Apoplast is the system of adjacent walls and continuous through the plant except at casparian strips.
2. There is no role of plasmodesmata.
3. It occurs through cell wall and intercellular spaces. Cell membrane is not crossed.
4. It is fast.
5. It is not aided by streaming movement of cytoplasm.
6. It does not involve osmosis.
1. It is the system of interconnected protoplasts.
2. Continuity of protoplasm from one cell to another cell is through plasmodesmata.
3. It occurs through cell membrane.
4. It is slow.
5. It is aided by streaming movements of cytoplasm.
6. It involves osmosis.