Factors affecting diffusion :
1. Temperature : The rate of diffusion is directly proportional to the temperature. As the temperature increases the rate of diffusion increases.
2. Surface area : More the surface area more will be the rate of diffusion.
3. Concentration gradient: The rate of diffusion is directly proportional to the concentration gradient.
4. Pressure - Increase in the pressure increase diffusion rate.
5. Permeability of the membrane separating the solutions. More permeable the mebrane more will be the diffusion.