What do you mean by planning or explain the meaning of planning.
Planning is the primary function of management. It is essential because planning sets the basis for organizational structure and evaluation. It is important to establish a sound planning foundation. Such an approach depends on the organization’s view of sports and its role in the community. This view or philosophy can often be ascertained by examining the overall goals and purposes of the organization.
Draw the fixture for 24 team on the basis knockout tournament.
Total no matches = Total no of team -1 = 24 -1 = 23
Total no. round = 2*2*2*2*2
i.e. Digit 2 report 5 times = 5 rounds
So total no round = 5 round
Total team in upper half = Total no of teams
= 24/2 = 12 teams
Total team in lower half = Total no of teams
= 24/2 = 12 teams
As the total no of teams are more then 16 so we have to divide teams
also in quarter.
Teams in each quarter : 4 ] 24 [ 6 (Q=6) =24
Total No bye= next power of two-total no of team
= 32-24 = 08 byes
Bye in upper half = 8/2 = 4
Bye in lower half = 8/2 = 4
Enlist the committees for organizing sports events and explain any eight communities in detail.
list of committees for organizing sports events:
1. Committee for publicity.
2. Transport committee.
3. Boarding and loading committee.
4. Decoration and ceremony.
5. Refreshment and Entertainment committee.
6. Reception committee.
7. Ground and Equipment committee.
8. Announcement committee.
9. Committee for Officials
What do you mean by specific sports programmes? Explain about health runs and runs for unity in detail.
Specific sports programmes are such programmes of sports which are not usually related to competitions. These sports programmes have different objective such as creating awareness among people regarding unity, health and diseases like AIDS, swine flu, etc. and raising funds for charitable institutions or organizations. These sports programmes are described below:
Health Run: Health runs are organized by the health department or sports department. usually, their purpose is to ameliorate the standard of health in a country along with the raising of funds for charity. There is no age limit in health runs and the distance cource of running is also fixed up. Before going into health runs, everyone should take a note of the following suggestions to make the running experience safe and effective:
Run for unity: such a run is organized with a specific purpose, i.e., to show unity and peace among the people of different religion. Its purpose may be national and international integration and brotherhood. In some countries run for unity is organized to celebrate their independence. It may be in the from of relay, they feel united. A lot of people participate in this race from the corporate world, film stars and marathon runners from other countries. The cash prize is given to the first three position holders. Such runs promote harmony, peace and solidarity among people of different religions. It brings a sense of togetherness among people.
Discuss the objectives of planning in sports.
There are various objectives of planning which are stated below:
1) To enhance the sports performance: It is also one of the significant objectives to enhance the sports performance of athletes or players. Without proper planning, it is impossible to improve the performance of sportspersons. In fact, training in sports is useless if it is not well planned.
2) To keep good control over all the activities: to keep a good control over all the activities is another objective of planning. Planning and control are connected with each other. Planning helps in keeping a good control in organizing a tournament.
3) To facilitate proper coordination: this objective of planning is related to facilitate proper coordination among the various member of committees, formed for organizing the competition smoothly. A proper planning helps in making the proper coordination.
4) To reduce the chances of mistakes: To reduce the chances of mistakes is also a significant objective of planning. A proper plan reduces the chances of mistakes and oversights. If there are a number of mistakes in organizing an event, it will not leave a good impression on the participants.
5) To increase the efficiency: to increase the efficiency of sports officials in conducting sports events/competitions is one of the main objectives of planning. It is the important purpose of planning to increase the capability and efficiency of officials.