Detailed Syllabus for Tier-I of the Examination:
- General Intelligence: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation ,Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding , Semantic Series, Figural Pattern – folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and decoding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
- English Language: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting misspelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Number Systems, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work, Algebra, Geometry, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Statistical Charts (Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar- diagram, Pie-chart).
- General Awareness: Questions will be asked on Indian History, World History, Geography, General Science,(including physics, biology, chemistry), Economics, Current Affairs, Static GK.
Tier-II of the Examination:
The Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in ‘Pen and Paper Mode. The paper would comprise two section:
- Writing of an Essay of 200-250 words. Maximum Marks for the essay writing is 50.
- Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words. Maximum Marks for the letter writing is 50.
Tier - III of the Examination:
- Generally, The “Data Entry Speed Test” / Skill Test will be conducted for a passage of about 2000 -2200 key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes.
- For the post of Data Entry Operator in the Office of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): The speed should be 3700-4000 key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes.