An archer stretches her bow while taking aim at the target. She then releases the arrow, which begins to move towards the target. Based on this information fill up the gaps in the following statements using the following terms :
Muscular, contact, non-contact, gravity, friction, shape, attraction
(iv) While the arrow moves towards its target, the forces acting on it are due to ____________ and that due to ____________ of air.
Give two examples of situations in which applied force causes a change in the shape of an object.
The shape of an object can be changed due to applied force. For example:
1. When force is applied on a lump of dough on a plate.
2. The spring fitted under the seat of a bicycle gets compressed when you sit on the seat.
To move a loaded trolley we have to ____________ it.
Give two examples each of situations in which you push or pull to change the state of motion of objects.
Objects are pushed or pulled inorder to change it's state of motion.
Examples of push are:
1) We push a door to open it.
2) A football player kicks the ball and pushes it.
Examples of pull are:
1) We pull the desk to change its position.
2) The rope is pulled, to draw a bucket of water from a well.
To draw water from a well,we have to ____________ the rope.
A charged body ____________ an uncharged body towards it.