1. Through hydroponic gardening; plants can be grown anywhere as long as their growth requirements are met .
2. Plants produced are free from soil pathogens and diseases as no soil is involved.
3. Plants grown are free from harmful chemicals as fertilizers and pesticides are not used.
4. The plants can be produced at those places where there is scarcity of land and the soil is thin or infertile.
5. The plants grown by this method are more healthy.
Disadvantages of hydroponics :
1. The initial set-up is very costly.
2. It needs the help of expert scientists to prepare the required nutrient medium and its maintenance.