1. It is a physiological process and occurs in plants.
2. The water vapours diffuse through cucticle or through the stomata.
3. Living cells are involved.
4. Various forces such as vapour pressure, diffusion pressure, osmotic pressure, etc. are involved.
5. It is a slow process.
6. It is dependent upon anatomy of root, stem and leaves.
1. It is a physical process and occurs on any free surface.
2. Any liquid can evaporate. The living epidemis and stomata are not required.
3. It can occur from both living and non-living surfaces.
4. No such forces are involved.
5. It is a fast process.
6. It is independent of anatomy of leaf, stem and roots.