|Zigya is the brand name for Zigya Technology Labs Pvt. Ltd. In this document, the terms ‘Zigya’, ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ wherever used individually, refer and imply the company, its affiliates, partners and assigns.
Welcome to Zigya.
Zigya is a platform that caters to the Education Lifecycle. The company aims to work towards universalization of educational content to provide equitable distribution of resources across diverse socio-economic strata. The platform brings together various actors of the Education Lifecycle together to connect, interact and engage - thereby enhancing social capital.
The platform endeavors to instill self-reliance in students by promoting self-paced learning. It is the first of its kind with multilingual support and catering to multiple education boards. In its true spirit of democratizing academic content,
Zigya is a platform that is essentially free to the people who need it the most.
Our Policy applies to all visitors, members, and others who access the Service ("Members").
1. Information We Collect
The following types of information are collected by us whenever you visit us.
Information you provide us directly:
• Your e-mail address and password when you Join in at Zigya.
• Profile information that you provide through the detailed registration process (e.g., first and last name, picture, phone number etc.). This information allows us to identify you and propose relevant services to you on Zigya.
• User Content (e.g., photos and other materials) that you post to the Service.
• Communications between you and Zigya. For example, we may send you Service-related emails (e.g., account verification, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you cannot opt out of Service-related e-mails.
Finding your friends on Zigya:
• Zigya is a platform for the Education Community and the benefits of the Community can only be realized once there is a certain population onboard. We encourage you to ‘Spread the Word’ amongst your friends and colleagues to invite more and more people to Join In for free education.
• You understand and agree that you are responsible for any charges that apply to communications sent from your device, and because invitation is coming directly from your personal account, Zigya does not have access to or control this communication.
• If you choose to find your friends through a search of names on Zigya, then simply type a name in the search option.
• We use our own developed as well as third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Service, including the web pages you visit, add-ons, and other information that assists us in deploying the Service effectively. We collect this analytics information from other all members so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual member.
Cookies and other similar technologies
Log file information
• Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
• When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring /exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our members that then help us track emails opened and links clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
• When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Zigya.
• A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content and ads. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
2. How we use the information
• Guide you to efficiently access your information after you sign in
• Data Persistence - so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service.
• Provide personalized content and information to all members, which could include online ads or other forms of marketing
• Automatic application updation
• Provide, monitor and improve the effectiveness of our Service
• Develop and test new products and features
• Monitor website performance and statistical metrics, such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
• Troubleshoot problems related to technology
• Zigya or its affiliates other Users may run contests, special offers or other events or activities ("Events") on the platform.
3. SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Zigya (or the group of companies of which Zigya is a part) without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
• We may share member information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) to organizations that have engaged us for any legitimate product or service campaigns.
• We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). The Service Providers at Zigya will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
• We may also share certain information such as cookie data with third-party advertising partners. This information would allow third-party ad networks to, among other things, deliver targeted advertisements that they believe will be of most interest to you.
• We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
• We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we believe that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of India where we believe that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
4. HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
• Your information collected through our platform may be stored and processed in the India or any other country in which Zigya, its Affiliates or Service Providers maintain facilities.
• Zigya, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. Please note that we may possess information, including personal information, in a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your domiciled jurisdiction.
• We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Zigya cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Zigya or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
5. OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
6. HOW TO CONTACT US