I grew up doing Homework, lots of it. I always felt homework is kind of punishment. It consumes my precious playing time and sometimes it consumes Sunday too, such a boring and irritating work. I hate doing homework all the time again and again.Every child thinks in the same way as I did.
But now as an educator, I really think homework is a good way to teach a lesson in more easier or convenient manner.
Does Homework Really Help Students?
The number of research has been conducted on homework. Is it actually helps students to get clear and have a better understanding of chapters? Does it really help in achieving greater academic success?
And the answer of above questions is “YES”. It helps a student to learn things in better way.
* Some Assignments and project teach students to work together as a team.It motivates them to work towards their goals.
* Homework notes increases recall speed. Student easily regains the concepts of every chapter.
* Homework tends to be more effective for middle and high school students.
* Homework tends to be more effective when it piques students interests and is task-oriented, rather than being targeted at deep learning and extensive problem-solving.
* Homework engage parents to help a child in their school’s projects and assignment. It also helps in monitoring child performance.
In other words, homework is really useful for students.It is a valuable extension of the classroom for reviewing and mastering the content of Ncert textbooks questions and papers and to get students geared up for the next day.