The board exams of Class 12 are known to be most crucial phase in a student’s life. The boards usually take away all the limelight. Most of the students take the studies of class 11 very lightly. It is a general notion that this time is just not important enough.
Do you think that too? If your answer is yes, then you need to think again. Let us keep it this way – A tree cannot stand tall until its roots are strong enough. Same is the case here, however hard you study for class 11 I, if your concepts and base is not strong enough, the efforts will not pay. For getting good marks in the exams you need to build a sound understanding of the subject. Class 11 is that phase where you have to strengthen the roots of your knowledge. This is where you build a strong foundation for your future. Thus, one should never undermine the importance of studies in class 11.
So, here are some strategies that can be helpful for studies in class 11.
1. Start Early– Starting studies early much before the board exams, means that you never have to cram the night before an exam. If you start preparing right from class 11 , it will be easier for you grasp and understand more.You will have much more time for studies and the burden will be less. The more time you practice the better you become at it. Never procrastinate. It is always tempting to keep the studies for the last moment. But, procrastination will not help; instead you will regret the time you wasted. Study throughout the semester to review all of your notes and re-read important topic in your text syllabus. It might seem tedious, but it will help you in the long run.
2. Clear your concepts–Pay attention to the concepts right from the start. This will not only help to understand everything better. With crystal clear concept all will become very clear to you and easy to understand. As stated earlier a strong foundation will help you have firm knowledge. When your concepts are clear, it gets easier for you to remember the things you have studies.
3. Study timetable–Make a routine for your studies and stick to it. Having a fixed routine will help you get attuned to studying for particular number of hours. Getting habituated means you will never have to put in those extra hours. You'll be mentally and emotionally more prepared for each study session. Your will become more productive. Moreover you will not feel stressed during the board exams when you have to put in the extra work, because you will already be accustomed to it.
4. Maintain notes – Notes always come in handy when you do not want to spend too many hours on studying everything. Notes give you a brief knowledge about the topic. One should always get into the habit of making notes, as it not only helps you to recapitulate what you had studied but it fortifies whatever has been studied. Making notes helps you to highlight the key points which can come in use during the time of the exam. Try making flashcards of the important formulae, points etc. There are various websites which provide CBSE study material for class 11, you cantake the help of those to make better notes.
5. Curiosity is the key. – Curiosity is the best way to learn. Be curious, ask questions. Never hesitate in asking the teacher question, if you do not understand the topic. Restricting yourself to bookish knowledge will only help you to do well in your exams, but if you are curious to know more, it will increase you knowledge which may help you in the future. Ask them questions regarding the material and the exam so that you’re prepared when exam time arrives. The teacher is happy to see that you are taking interest in studies. Curiosity makes you read and learn more, so always be a #CuriousLearner.
6. Take help – Shed your inhibitions and take the help of your teacher, friends or elders. Taking help, will help you understand things better. The teacher is always happy to help any student, so you should not be ashamed if you do not understand a topic. Strive to clear your doubts as soon as possible. Keep on asking for explanations if you do not understand what was taught.
7. Review your notes- Making notes is not enough. Make it a point to review the notes and go through them time to time. This way you will never forget what you have learnt.You can even compare your notes to your friend’s and see if you have missed out something. Always revise what you have studied.
8. Prepare yourself – Preparing the chapter or topic beforehand will help you understand the things in a better way. When you read the chapter beforehand you will know your weak areas. This will help you target the areas that need more attention. Being well prepared means you will be better at taking notes. Try reading prior to class and reviewing notes from previous lectures. You can ask questions about confusing concepts.
9. Test yourself – Taking tests helps you tounderstand your strengths and weaknesses. Tests give you an insight on how much you have grasped out of the things that you had studied. Mock test helps you to get accustomed to the fixed time of the exam. Your speed and accuracy increases. Solve the previous papers to know about the pattern and the weightage of the different topics.
10. Lay stress on health – Good health is the key to success. Get enough sleep and eat healthy and nutritious food. Take required breaks.You must have heard the proverb – All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. Take breaks and give your brain the much needed break. For every hour that you put in to study, take short breaks of 15 minutes to rejuvenate your mind. A healthy mind and body is very necessary for success.